A power inverter inverts 120/240 volt AC power from 12v DC. The AC power from a power inverter can be used in mobile, static, and tiny house units where there is no mains power grid. The inverter power can range from 300w to 5000w peak power. You need to choose the right inverter for your needs by determining how much AC power you use, this can be done by adding the power draw from each 120/240v device and then match the power inverter to suit.
Key points while choosing a 12V Power Inverter
- Always choose a power inverter that is rated high enough for the 120/240 DC devices you are running.
- Make sure you match the cable size to your inverter.
- While using your power inverter frequently inside a vehicle that is not running, you should make sure you have sufficient charging capacity for the inverter to draw from. You can use your engine to assist in charging your battery bank with the use of a DC to DC charge controller which draws excess charge from the vehicle battery.
- The performance of a 240/120v – 12v power inverter depends on the battery condition, a fully charged battery bank helps the inverter work more efficiently.
- Finally, as inverters work at higher temperatures, it is essential you keep the area well ventilated as even the small inverters generate considerable heat.
Some Of The Best 12V Power Inverters
- BESTEK Power Inverter – DC 12V to AC110V
BESTEK is one of the leading car power inverter brands in America. It is one of the best 12V power inverters for cars as it provides ample features to impress car owners.
- This Power Inverter inverts 12V DC to 110V AC with a 4.2A dual USB car adapter.
- It has multi-protection features including 40 amps built-in fuse that provides protection.
- It is lightweight and ultra-compact.
- It has a durable metal housing to protect against road bumps.
- It provides 300Watts of continuous DC to AC power and 700Watss of instantaneous power with its two AC outlets and two USB ports.
- With two 110V Ac outlets available for charging, this power inverter provides fast charging options for larger appliances.
- Ampeak Car Power Inverter – DC 12V to 110V AC
It is a durable power inverter that is one of the best power inverters available for running low power AC electrical appliances such as laptops, video cameras, and even Televisions in your vehicle.
- It accelerates with a soft start which reduces the start-up current shock.
- It has dual smart cooling fans to prevent over-heating.
- It minimizes the power consumption when in standby mode.
- It has 2 AC outlets and one smart USB 2.1A port for using multiple devices at once.
- It contains a strong cooling system.
- It provides 1000 watts continuous power output which can surge up to 2000 watts.
- It has high power conversion efficiency, converting 12V DC power to 110V AC power.
- BMK 200W Car Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Inverter
With remarkable features and a reasonable price, this power inverter with a switch and the current LCD screen is the best choice for your car’s battery.
- It has a smart LCD that displays the voltage of the battery and the current flowing when a device is plugged in.
- It has an affordable price of approximately $20 to $30,
- It has a 2-in-1 car power converter: 2 AC outlets and 4 USB charging ports.
- It has a Smart chip to detect the connected devices and provide the maximum output up to 6.2A.